When you need to make a custom design stainless steel water bottle, you should need to know How Much does it cost for manufacturing a hydroflask type insulated metal water bottle? and what element would impact the product unit cost?
In this situation, you are in right place here that we Ecoway Houseware Limited can help you to work it out.
The stainless steel water bottle cost can be vary different depending on what is your custom parts design and the order quantities.
There are some basic information of stainless steel bottle pricing you need to know. For example, product design cost it will begin when you set up the project even it’s not start production; the material not only affect the quality also it is the main cost of your custom bottle products; the order quantities could affect a lot of the whole cost, and affect the shipment cost for your water bottle products.
You also need to think about:
- The timing of your order
- The cost of different surface treatment
- Labor costs
- Any additional cost such as packing cost, shipment cost
To understand more, let’s take a look at all details that have impact for the product cost of a stainless steel water bottle.
1. The cost of raw material
- Bottle body: stainless steel 18-8 (SUS304)
- Bottle cap/lid: plastic (polypropylene, AS, tritan)
- Gasket sealing: silicone
The cost of your material is often given per g. The cost of main materials for a stainless steel water bottle are:
- Stainless steel costs $0.006 per g
- Polypropylene costs $0.003 per g
- AS costs $0.003 per g
- TRITAN costs $0.008 per g
- Silicone costs $0.008 per g
It’s important to know it would have material waste in the beginning of each time production, means your order quantities is bigger, then the average waste of raw material and cost for per product is less.
2. The cost of different order quantities
The order quantities would have big impact of production manufacturing cost, therefor would affect the cost each stainless steel water bottle;
Here’s a example for a 20oz. metal water bottle product price list with different quantities for your better understanding how much cost for making stainless steel bottles:
- MOQ 3000PCS: $5.00USD
- 10000PCS (4% cost down): $4.80USD
- 30000PCS (6% cost down): $4.70USD
- 50000PCS (7% cost down): $4.65USD
- 100000PCS (8% cost down): $4.60USD
- less then 100pcs; ai shipment, fast but very expensive
- 100~3000pcs; sea shipment LCL slow and expensive
- 15000pcs; sea shipment FCL 20″ GP container, slow and cheap
- 30000pcs; sea shipment FCL 40″ GP container, slow and very cheap
3. The cost of different surface treatment
There are a lots different methods to make custom color, logo, graphic picture for your metal bottle to meet your needs, and we list some main options with cost for your consideration:
Usually we need to charge plate cost for logo printing $50 with silk-screen printing / pad printing / laser engraving, charge $300 for tooling of embossing logo, charge plate cost for graphic picture printing with water tranfer printing / heat transfer printing / painting transfer printing, and charge set up cost $50 for custom color with spray painting and powder coating. All these set up cost is one time charge.
Here is list of stainless steel bottle product unit price with different surface treatment for your reference:
- Spray painting: 0.15USD/each color
- Powder coating: 0.50USD/each color
- Heat transfer printing: 0.15USD(painting base) + 0.10USD (printing)
- Painting transfer printing: 0.50USD
- Water transfer printing: 0.40USD
- Silk-screen printing:0.10USD
- Laser Engraving:0.10USD
More customization and its cost that you want to know, pls send email to:email@example.com
4. additional costs
- Packaging cost; with some special products which need a custom design packaging of course will cause additional cost.
- Shipment cost; air shipment, sea shipment, express shipment is different cost per KG, we are working with DHL/FEDEX/UPS and other forwarder to have competitive cost for your shipment.
- Thinking labour cost: The labour cost does keep increasing year by year, we need to thinking of the labour cost from the bottle design to reduce the product unit cost by use less hand make manufacturing process.
Table of Contents for This Article
What is stainless steel water bottles?
There’s different types of water bottle including of stainless steel water bottle, plastic water bottle, glass water bottle, and silicone water bottle etc.
The stainless steel water bottle has 2 different types;
- single wall stainless steel water bottle
- double walls stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottle
It mainly made by kitchen food grade stainless steel 18-8 (SUS304) for the bottle container body, and plastic or stainless steel with silicone sealing gasket for the the bottle lid/cap.
With double wall stainless steel bottle which can keep water hot 12 hours up and ice cold 24 hours up anywhere, nowadays it is more and more popular in the gobal markets.
How insulated water bottle works?
How a double wall stainless steel water bottle keeps water hot 12 hours up and ice cold 24 hours up?
There’s a vacuum insulated layer between the double walls to prevent temperature conduction from the outside to bottle or inside of the bottle to outside, to maintain the temperature inside of the water bottle to be same as long as you wish to have in daily hydration drinking anywhere.
Insulated water bottle is made from double walls stainless steel with vacuum insulation technology, the Vacuum insulation is not a new technology that was invented by Sir James Dewar in 1892, an insulated bottle consists of two walls stainless steel, placed on within the outer and joined at the neck. The gap between the two walls is partially evacuated of air, creating a near-vacuum which significantly reduces heat transfer by conduction or convection.
The production manufacturing process of metal bottle
- Purchase raw material
- Cutting stainless steel tube
- Shape forming with water swelling ( or deep drawing forming)
- Cutting into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming with threads
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Welding the bottom cap and with an attachment of Getter
- Vacuum process inside the vacuum machine around 4 hours to create vacuum insulated layer between the double walls stainless steel
- Vacuum Test (measure the stainless steel vacuum flask is good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel vacuum insulated flask (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality 100%
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel insulated flask
- Inspection of Polishing quality 100%
- Vacuum insulation test 100% second time
- Decoration (spray painting, powder coating, water transfer painting, heat transfer printing, logo printing or laser engraving etc.)
- Assembly with caps, cleaning, inspection, packaging
- Out going final QC inspection