What is stainless steel water bottle
There’s different types of water bottle including of stainless steel water bottle, plastic water bottle, glass water bottle, and silicone water bottle etc.
The stainless steel water bottle has 2 different types;
- single wall stainless steel water bottle
- double walls stainless steel water bottle
It mainly made by kitchen food grade stainless steel 18-8 (SUS304) for the bottle container body, and plastic or stainless steel with silicone sealing gasket for the the bottle lid/cap.
With double wall stainless steel bottle which can keep water hot 12 hours up and ice cold 24 hours up anywhere, nowadays it is more and more popular in the gobal markets.
How it works
How a double wall stainless steel water bottle keeps water hot 12 hours up and ice cold 24 hours up?
There’s a vacuum insulated layer between the double walls to prevent energy transportation from the outside to bottle or inside of the bottle to outside, to maintain the temperature inside of the water bottle to be same as long as you wish to have in daily hydration drinking anywhere.
How Much Does It Cost to Manufacture a Stainless Steel Water Bottle?
When you need to create a custom design stainless steel water bottle, you should need to know How Much does it cost for manufacturing? and what can affect the cost?
In this situation, you are in right place here that we Ecoway Houseware Limited can help you to find out the important thing you should know about Stainless Steel Water Bottle Manufacturing prices costs.
The stainless steel water bottle cost can be vary different depending on what is your custom parts design and the order quantities.
There are some basic information of stainless steel bottle pricing you need to know. For example, product design cost it will begin when you set up the project even it’s not start production; the material not only affect the quality also it is the main cost of your custom bottle products; the order quantities could affect a lot of the whole cost, and affect the shipment cost for your water bottle products;
You also need to think about:
- The timing of your order
- The cost of using surface treatment
- Labor costs
- Any additional cost such as packing cost, shipment cost
To understand more, let’s take a look at each of the things that affect Stainless Steel Water Bottle pricing.
The cost of material
The main material list of stainless steel water bottle:
1. Bottle body: stainless steel 18-8 (SUS304), SUS201;
Now we can see some stainless steel water bottle designs started to develop the bottle cap/lid with stainless steel or Tritan material to present high end quality symbol.
3. Seal gasket: solid silicone, liquid silicone
We need to know it must have a soft seal gasket for the stainless steel water bottle to prevent water leaking issue, and it can be make with two types of silicone material, both are food grade, bpa free and reusable, and most of stainless steel water bottle are using solid silicone for better cost.
The cost of your material is often given per g. The cost of main materials for stainless steel water bottle are:
- Stainless steel costs $0.005 per g
- polypropylene costs $0.002 per g
- AS costs $0.0025 per g
- TRITAN costs $0.005 per g
- Silicone costs $0.003 per g
It’s important to know there would have material waste in the beginning of each time production, means your order quantities is bigger, then the average waste of raw material for each product is less.
The cost of different order quantities
- The order quantities would have big impact of production manufacturing cost, therefor would affect the cost each stainless steel water bottle;
There’s different quantities in general to know how much of the prices change for your order:
- MOQ 3000PCS
- 10000PCS (1% cost down)
- 30000PCS (2% cost down)
- 50000PCS (2.5% cost down）
- 10000PCS (3% cost down)
- less then 100pcs; ai shipment, fast but expensive
- 100~3000pcs; sea shipment LCL slow and expensive
- 15000pcs; sea shipment FCL 20″ GP container, slow and cheap
- 30000pcs; sea shipment FCL 20″ GP container, slow and very cheap
The timing of your order
When your stainless steel bottle order quantities is small, with urgent time, the prices would higher than usual.
When your order is one time order and with urgent time, the prices would higher than usual.
The cost of different surface finish:
We can do different custom surface treatment for your stainless steel water bottle inside or outside depends on your design needs.
There’s no plate charge cost when you only want to apply different Pantone color with Spray painting, powder coating, UV plating.
It would have plate charge cost when you want to have different graphic decoration for your custom design water bottle with different techniques, such as logo printing, logo embossing, water transfer, heat transfer printing, spray transfer printing, air transfer printing etc.
The plate charge cost will start from 30USD to 500USD, sample lead time from 3 days to 15 days.
Here we have cost lists for different surface treatment of stainless steel water bottle:
1. Spray painting: 0.15USD/each color
2. Powder coating: 0.50USD/each color
3. Heat transfer printing: 0.15USD(painting base) + 0.10USD (printing)
4. Painting transfer printing: 0.50USD
5. Water transfer printing: 0.40USD
Here you can find out different surface treatments for custom graphic……
Thinking of labour cost
The labour cost does keep increasing year by year, we need to thinking of the labour cost from the bottle design to reduce the product unit cost by use less hand make manufacturing process.
- Packaging cost; with some special products which need a custom design packaging of course will cause additional cost.
- Shipment cost; air shipment, sea shipment, express shipment is different cost per KG, we are working with DHL/FEDEX/UPS and other forwarder to have competitive cost for your shipment.
The production manufacturing process
- Purchase raw material
- Cutting stainless steel tube
- Shape forming with water swelling ( or deep drawing forming)
- Cutting into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming with threads
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Welding the bottom cap and with an attachment of Getter
- Vacuum process inside the vacuum machine around 4 hours to create vacuum insulated layer between the double walls stainless steel
- Vacuum Test (measure the stainless steel vacuum flask is good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel vacuum insulated flask (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality 100%
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel insulated flask
- Inspection of Polishing quality 100%
- Vacuum insulation test 100% second time
- Decoration (spray painting, powder coating, water transfer painting, heat transfer printing, logo printing or laser engraving etc.)
- Assembly with caps, cleaning, inspection, packaging
- Out going final QC inspection
Get your custom design go
We Ecoway Houseware Limited has sales & engineer team to support you to develop a custom design stainless steel water bottle from concept design, prototype sample, tooling development, trial run production, mass production to final shipment with high quality products and fast delivery, here you can reach us to get a quote to know how much to manufacture your stainless steel water bottle.
The important thing you should know
Question and Answers
You can email to us with your question or requirements any time, and we will reply to you within 24hours
MOQ:3000pcs each color each design bottle tumbler
Sample payment: 100%
Tooling payment:50% deposit, 50% balance after sample approval
Product order payment: T/T 30% deposit, 70% after pre-shipment inspection
It’s no problem to arrange third party inspection before shipment, please book the inspection date 7 days in advance
Bottle: double wall stainless steel 18-8
Lid: Tritan or Polypropylene
100% food grade, BPA Free, FDA/LFGB comply
Color: Pantone Number
Drawing: DWG/STP/IGS/SOLIDWORKS etc.
Sample lead time: 7days
Tooling lead time: 30~45days
Production lead time: 30days
Usually we book the shipment with your appointed forwarder, or can ship to your warehouse with our shipment company