When you wondering how to clean your hydro flask water bottle and its straw lid, you may google it and found the instruction from www.hydroflask.com as follow to tell how to clean hdyroflask type insulated water bottle and its lid step by step:
*Before first use:*
Wash your stainless steel hydro flask water bottle and lid with hot water and soap before you use it to fill water to drink at the first time.
*You should not:*
1. Put the hydro flask bottle in the dishwasher or soak the flask in hot water: the dishwasher may become hot, affecting the insulation of the flask and discoloring the powder coating. Likewise, immersing the entire flask in hot water will discolor the powder coating.
2. Put the hydro flask in the refrigerator: Due to the double-layer vacuum insulation, the internal liquid will be protected from the temperature in the refrigerator, so it will not condense. If you want a cold drink, put ice cubes in the flask and be aware that it takes a long time to melt!
3. Place the hydro flask on the stove: Due to the double-layer vacuum insulation of the flask, the outdoor temperature will not change the temperature of the internal beverage. If the flask is placed on any type of stove or heat source, the heat will damage the outside of the flask.
4. Soak the hydro flask with standard lids, wide-mouth lids and flat lids or put them in the dishwasher: the lid will absorb water after being immersed in the dishwasher or in the water for a certain period of time. We recommend rinsing with hot water and soap and drying.
5. Use bleach or chlorine to clean hydro flask water bottles. These chemicals will destroy the stainless steel coating and therefore should not be used on our products.
*You should wash hydro flask, straw lid:*
1. Use a soft bottle brush to clean the hydro flask. You can buy cleaning accessories from amzon or other shops and use the bottle brush cleaning kit as often as possible, it’s better to clean hydro flask water bottle every time after you drink coffee, beer or juice, and clean it once a day if you use the stainless steel water bottle everyday.
2. Use white distilled vinegar for cleaning: You can use household white distilled vinegar to help remove any stains or discoloration inside the hydro flask. We recommend putting 1/2 cup of vinegar in the flask, swirling gently to wash any affected parts and letting it sit for overnight. Then rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary.
3. Use baking soda for cleaning: For stubborn spots inside the flask, mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to form a scrub. Dip the bristles of the bottle brush into the paste, and then apply the paste to the affected area inside the flask for cleaning. This should be repeated as needed until the stain disappears.
4.The Hydro Flip lid and the wide mouth hydro flask straw lid can be cleaned in the dishwasher. If you wash it by hand, the lid may last longer, but if you need to clean it deeply, it’s okay to use a dishwasher.
How to clean hdyro flask, straw lid?
Although all the tips from Hydro Flask above, and other articles that not recommend to wash hydro flask water bottle or other stainless steel insulated water bottles with Dishwasher, because it might affecting the vacuum insulation of the bottles and discolor of the surface of the bottles, is that real?
We as a China manufacturer factory of stainless steel insulated water bottle, producing 3,000,000 pcs more metal water bottle like hydro flask, yeti, swell, thermos bottle per year, we know the manufacturing process and technique how to make the vacuum insulation for the metal water bottle, the vacuum insulation creating process requires condition of over 572℉ & 4 hours to create the vacuum insulation for the metal bottle, how could hot water inside dishwasher can cause poor insulation of the hydro flask water bottle, it doesn’t make sense at all, and not Not in line with science, so put your hydro flask and other insulated water bottle into dishwasher and start to wash it if you want to do it, no big deal.
It does will discolor of your hydro flask water bottles with dishwasher for a long time, but only slightly discolor, we don’t think this could stop us to using dishwasher to clean our hydro flask water bottle, except you are really enjoy to wash the water bottle by hand daily.
Other tips that how to clean your hydro flask water bottle, is not much different from the video and other articles to tell:
- 1. HAND WASHING: Washing the hydro flask water bottle by hand is recommended, when wash your water bottle by hand, you better to have a bottle brush to help you out, clean the water bottle with a bottle brush and warm soap water.
- 2. DISHWASHER WASHING: You can worry free to wash your hydro flask bottle with dishwasher too, do it as simple as you wash other tableware.
- 3. WHAT IF RUST: Wash your hydro flask water bottle with SODA or White vinegar when there’s rust or Stubborn stains, you can read article of how to clean stainless steel water bottle.
- 4. WASHING LIDS: Clean your hydro flask straw lid with dishwasher, disassemble the straw and valve from the straw lid, then put all parts inside the dishwasher to clean it.
You might have more idea or experience to clean a hydro flask water bottle, just leave your comments here to let us know!
FAQ: how to clean hydro flask
What is the best way to clean a Hydro Flask? This is a question that many people ask when they purchase a new Hydro Flask. Especially if the Hydro Flask has seen some action in its life.
The cup can be easily cleaned with warm water and soap. You should also use your fingertips to run along the inside of the lid, to remove any debris that might have collected there.
There are a number of ways to clean a Hydro Flask, but the most valuable use of this is to clean it with dish soap and water. This method will remove all the residue that’s on the outside of the flask without damaging or altering its appearance.
Many people have been frustrated by how hard it is to clean their hydro flask. The tight seal around the mouth makes it difficult for most cleaning methods, so you usually have to employ some kind of harsh chemical cleaner. But these chemicals can cause damage over time if they come in contact with your hydro flask or its contents. To avoid this problem, simply take your hydro flask outside and fill up your kitchen sink with warm soapy water before using this method!
Many people have been wondering how to get the smell out of a Hydro Flask. This is a fairly common problem as many hydro flask owners make great use of this product.
There are a few ways you can keep your hydro flask from smelling up. You can soak it in hot water for a few hours or put it in the microwave to heat it up and create steam, but those options are not sustainable options for long periods of time. One way that does work is to dry the inside with a towel or washcloth after rinsing it out with water and vinegar.
Some people believe that you should wash your Hydro Flask after every use, while others say there is no need to do this. It all depends on the dirt level of your Hydro Flask and how often it gets used.
Clean your Hydro Flask with warm soapy water and a mild detergent every time you use it to drink with coffee, soda, or milk.
Bacteria and grime can build up on Hydro Flasks. If they get too dirty, you should clean them out to prevent the growth of unpleasant smells and moldy contents.
While you only use hydro flask to drink pure water or tap water, it is important to clean your hydro flask out about once a Week.
It is also important to note that the lid of the hydro flask will likely need to be cleaned on a more regular basis than the rest of the bottle. The lid will often collect grime and dust from the outside air during outdoor activities.
The best way to clean your hydro flask is with warm, soapy water. Just fill up your hydro flask with water and then add some dish soap into it before you start scrubbing it clean. If you have just purchased a new bottle of distilled water, you may want to phase out the dish soap for a while before switching back.
You can deep clean Hydro Flask lids using a mixture of dish soap and water. Soak the lid in the mixture for several hours, then rinse with water. Allow to dry completely before putting it back on the flask.
The best way to clean your Hydro Flask is by immersing it in water for several hours at room temperature, then rinsing it off with warm water and letting it dry out completely before putting it back on the flask.
Sometimes your Hydro Flask will smell like a dirty sock after you’ve been drinking from it for a while. It can be an indication that something is wrong with the bottle itself.
Why does my Hydro Flask smell?
First, let’s figure out whether your Hydro Flask has just been used or if it has gone bad. If the hydro flask smells bad when you first open it, you might have just used it up or have had some problems with the cap closing properly. If this is not the case, then your flask may have gone dirty and you need to do a deep cleaning for your hydro flask.
Hydro flask water bottles are stainless steel 18-8 made which is an excellent, stylish, and durable choice for those looking for a new water bottle. However, stainless steel is a high-quality alloy that is not as easily corroded as other metals.
There are two main causes of corrosion on the exterior of stainless steel – oxidation and hydrogen embrittlement. In an attempt to prevent these two forms of corrosion, we recommend taking care to avoid contact with acidic or alkaline substances and avoid exposing the water bottle to sunlight.