What is stainless steel water bottle?
- a stainless steel water bottle is made by kitchen food grade 18-8 stainless steel material to keep your water liquid inside the beverage container to take it anywhere you go.
- there’s mainly 2 kinds of stainless steel bottles, one is single wall stainless steel bottle which is same with other water bottles for your hydration drinking, such as plastic water bottle, glass water bottle or silicone water bottle.
- the other one stainless steel water bottle is double walled vacuum insulated bottle made with stainless steel material with a vacuum insulated layer between the double walls to keep your water liquid beverage hot 12 hours up or ice cold 24 hours up without condensation problem.
Where are stainless steel water bottles made?
- Most of stainless steel water bottles are made in China, such as Starbucks, YETI, Hydro Flask,S’well, Sigg, etc., and mainly made in the Yongkang City where nearby Yiwu City.
- The main reason why most of the stainless steel bottles are made in China including of the raw material cost, labour cost, technique, also the whole production supply chain.
How much cost to make stainless steel water bottle tumbler?
- made a custom decoration / illustration for your stainless steel bottle, you need a graphic designer to design an artwork with AI format document which you can do it domestic, or pay 100~500USD for us to finish the design work within 1 week. Then you need to pay 100~300 USD for the plate making to make the sample.
- It can be made by water transfer, spray painting, powder coating, laser engraving etc. read more at……
- You product team want to develop a completely new structure design stainless steel water bottle, which our engineer team work with your team from a design concept, sketch drawing to prototype sample, tooling development, trial production, mass production to final shipment. Read More Processes at……
- The cost to made a new design stainless steel water bottle tumbler is mainly tooling cost which from 2000USD to 10000USD and takes 45 working days usually.
How is a stainless steel water bottle made?
The primary raw materials used in the manufacture of the insulated bottle are stainless steel, which form the outer cup, and inner cup.
In the production manufacturing process, it would produce a vacuum insulated layer between to double walls (inner cup & outer cup.
The top cap of the insulated bottle can be made with Plastic or Silicone, Stainless Steel.
There must have soft silicone seal to prevent leaking on the bottle mouth opening.
The stainless steel water bottle with double walls needs to make from stainless steel tube to outer cup and inner cup with a vacuum insulated layer between the double walls, also have threads on the top (inner or outer) to fit with a bottle cap which can seal the opening mouth stop water leaking.Here’s more details production manufacturing processes as follow:
- Purchase raw material
- Cutting stainless steel tube
- Shape forming with water swelling ( or deep drawing forming)
- Cutting into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming with threads
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Welding the bottom cap and with an attachment of Getter
- Vacuum process inside the vacuum machine around 4 hours to create vacuum insulated layer between the double walls stainless steel
- Vacuum Test (measure the stainless steel vacuum flask is good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel vacuum insulated flask (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality 100%
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel insulated flask
- Inspection of Polishing quality 100%
- Vacuum insulation test 100% second time
- Decoration (spray painting, powder coating, water transfer painting, heat transfer printing, logo printing or laser engraving etc.)
- Assembly with caps, cleaning, inspection, packaging
- Out going final QC inspection
We have incoming inspection, on-line tour inspection, out-going inspection, and test internally comply with ISO9001 system to manage the quality of stainless steel water bottle products.
- Drop Test
- Leaking Test
- Material Test
- Corrosion Test
- Vacuum Insulation
- Heat retention
- Color matching
- Printing scratch test
- Cosmetic inspection