How a thermos flask works
1. With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection, no matter the container is single wall or double walls.
2. Metal thermos has a vacuum insulation which is an airless space between the double walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change, heat or cold can’t go through the airless space.
3. Your drink will stay ice cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast and environment being.
How long metal thermos flask can keeps hot or cold?
There’s some major elements would affect the timing of metal thermos to keep ice cold and hot:
- The sizes/volume of the metal thermos bottle, with bigger volume which has more heat or cold energy inside the container, which will keeps hot or ice cold longer time.
- The size of opening mouth, smaller opening mouth would eliminate the space where heat can escape from the mouth of metal thermos.
- The CAP/LID designs, with different designs cap would change the heat go outside through the cap, a tempshield cap would help on the heat preservation performance.
- Manufacturing, technique, quality criteria etc.
How is metal thermos flask made?
- Purchase raw material
- Cutting stainless steel tube
- Shape forming with water swelling ( or deep drawing forming)
- Cutting into 2 pieces
- Mouth forming with threads
- Matching and welding the mouth of stainless steel flask (the out wall and inner wall join together then do Laser welding)
- Welding the bottom cap and with an attachment of Getter
- Vacuum process inside the vacuum machine around 4 hours to create vacuum insulated layer between the double walls stainless steel
- Vacuum Test (measure the stainless steel vacuum flask is good quality or faulty on vacuum insulation) 100%
- Electrolysis for the inside of the stainless steel vacuum insulated flask (it can clean the dirty to have nice surface, also create a layer on the inner surface to have good corrosion prevention)
- Inspection of electrolysis quality 100%
- Polishing the surface of outer wall of the stainless steel insulated flask
- Inspection of Polishing quality 100%
- Vacuum insulation test 100% second time
- Decoration (spray painting, powder coating, water transfer painting, heat transfer printing, logo printing or laser engraving etc.)
- Assembly with caps, cleaning, inspection, packaging
- Out going final QC inspection
How to clean a stainless steel thermos flask
When you have smell or rust (corrosion) problem with your thermos flask, you can use Vinegar to clean and sterilize inside of the thermos bottle, completely remove rust and get the smell out of your thermos flask, here to read more.
What Ecoway Houseware does?
We Ecoway Houseware Limited started from a small company that helps private brand customers with exclusive manufacturing production for custom design water bottle since 2014, focus on concept design, tooling development and inspection. As business keep growing fast by loyal customers’ support based on our good cooperation and reputation, we expand our business to OEM manufacturing with different custom design stainless steel water bottle / tumbler / cup / mug / bowl container whole in-house production, we are still a young and small company with 250,000 pcs monthly output 8,000㎡ production facility where located at Yongkang City, Zhejiang Province, China, welcome to contact us for your water bottle tumbler projects.