Best Thermos | stainless steel travel mug coffee mug
Drink a cup of coffee is what my favorite thing to do in the morning, also take hot coffee with my stainless steel travel mug that keep it warm on the driving road to my office that’s always pleasure.
The metal travel mug which made by double walls of stainless steel 18-8, with advanced vacuum insulation that can stop heat conduction to keep our coffee hot for 3 hours up, it’s the best cup for our long driving or trip to enjoy our favorite warm coffee, what is best stainless steel coffee mug to buy? Let’s see what customers said from amazon reviews:
Best but cheap travel mug with handle 12oz.
CIVAGO 12oz Stainless Steel Coffee Mug Cup
- PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL COFFEE MUG: made of food-grade 18/8 stainless steel, which provides with double-wall vacuum insulation to preserve the temperature of the drinks poured into it, also can repel stains and odors, meaning your lemonade won’t taste like yesterday’s coffee. Moreover, it makes the mug durable and not easy to break.
- DUST-PROOF & BPA-FREE COFFEE MUG WITH LID AND HANDLE: the coffee tumbler comes with a BPA-free plastic lid with a rubber gasket, ensuring a tight fit. It can help keep your wine or coffee from sloshing out while keep flying bugs out when the party is in the backyard. You can easily see how much of your drink have left through durable clear lid. The wide, comfort-grip, non-slippery handle will help you to grasp your coffee mug in a warm and affectionate
Top positive review: I’ve been in the Marine Corps 17 years spent 5 years over seas 2 of which were in a combat zone… and I love sparkles. This cup’s sparkle content exceeded my expectations. The sparklation and color shift is constant and consistent. The grey base color really brings it home and gives it an air of sophistication. I am seriously considering jazzing it up a bit with a scary ghost sticker… only time will tell.
And oh yeah it holds my coffee and keeps it warm for a substantial amount of time, which I think was the primary focus of this product but 100% not why I acquired it.
Best but cheap coffee tumbler 20 oz.
SUNWILL 20oz Tumbler with Lid, Stainless Steel
- Insulated Stainless Steel: Sunwill 20oz tumbler is with Double-Wall vacuum technology to keep drinks hot for over 6 hours and cold for around 24 hours.
- Premium Material: The tumbler is made from high quality 18/8 304 food grade stainless steel. Lead free and durable. Rust-proof, easy wash and unbreakable.
Top positive reviews: Best Amazon purchase and very similar to the Yeti cups. I was considering on buying Yeti but didn’t want to pay double the cost and I am SO happy that I didn’t because these tumblers are great. I even got another one for my boyfriend.
No leaks, keeps it hot/cold for hours and easy to clean!
Easy to clean, easy to hold, nice grip. I’ve been using it as my primary cup for a few days now and have good and bad things to point out. First off I love the coating, it’s not slippery like some of the other tumblers I have used. I have not tested the leak quality but I can definitely say it is an air tight fit. I know this bc of the kid is closed, I often have a hard time putting the lid on! Which was baffling at first until I realized what the issue was. So if you’re struggling to put the lid on, try opening the spout! I love the way it keeps my hot drinks hot and my cold drinks cold. It kept ice for a number of hours- like at least 7 hours! Two things I don’t like… 1. If you plan on drinking carbonated drinks with this tumbler I would suggest caution. The carbonation causes the top to pop up. I thought keeping the spout open would prevent this but it didn’t. 2. Liquid builds up inside the lid mechanism. This isn’t really a problem but to me it’s visually unappealing. The lid does clean very well with running water and does drain manually, just not while on the cup during use. Because of these issues I will most likely be looking into a different cup but for over all daily use it does so the job so I still give this product a four out of five.
Best seller stainless steel coffee mug
Contigo Autoseal West Loop Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug
- Travel mug’s Autoseal technology is Leak- and spill-proof
- Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 with thermalock vacuum insulation
- One-Handed drinking with the push of a button
- Easy-clean lid opens completely for thorough cleaning and locks for added peace of mind
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe lid, hand-wash-only stainless steel body.100% BPA-free
Top positive reviews: I’ve had this thermos for about a month now and I am very pleased with it. I put my hot beverage of choice inside the thermos by 5:40am (what am I doing up so early?) And at around noon it is still nice and warm (not piping hot, but definitely not cold or even tepid) so that’s give or take 6hrs. I have repeated this exact ritual nearly every day and it will always be deliciously warm at noon time. By the by, when I pour my beverage into the thermos it is piping hot, meaning if i were to drink it, my tongue would sting, but not really get “burned”.
– If you get one of the colored ones the paint WILL come off if you wash it in the DISHWASHER. I know some people were complaining about that, but in the safety manual it clearly states that only the unpainted stainless steel bottles are dishwasher safe.
– Wash it the way it shows you on the safety manual for optimal cleanliness.
– Rinse it right before every use. One time, there was some soap residue left over in my lid and I ended up with gross soapy tea, so unless you’re into that just run the lid under warm water.
– DON’T tilt the lid and THEN press the button to open the sippy cup or you’ll get a face full of hot liquid. In other words, press the button while the thermos is vertical then tilt it to take a sip. This may seem stupid, but I had no warning (maybe I’m just an idiot) and now no one else has to look like a complete goof if it happens in a public setting.
That’s it for now, if anything else comes up I’ll be sure to inform you guys.
UPDATE: Though I love the construction and performance, I do want to address the elephant in the room that SO many people have asked about — the smell!! We’ve had it a few months and despite regular cleaning, it DOES stink, no matter what I do. Vinegar, dish soap, baking soda, cleaning with a tiny wire brush, nothing has fully rid us of the “old creamer, burnt coffee” stench. I’m really bummed…but this may be a 4x per year purchase in order to keep it safe to drink from.
[Independent, verified, no compensation received for this review.]
Coffee addict’s MUST HAVE! I’ve been through 6 different mugs in six months. They’ve either leaked, broken the flip-tab, were hot to the touch, didn’t clean easily, or just didn’t keep coffee hot longer than 30 minutes. This mug does all of those things and I couldn’t be happier, because I was ready to give up. That list above also includes another Contigo 16 oz. mug…kept things hot but the slider broke after 2 months and it was impossible to clean. But I digress…
There was nothing negative to report about the features or performance during the month-long, multiple daily use “testing” phase, so here are the results with which I was most pleased.
• Incredibly easy to clean top. Yes! No more waking up after hand washing the night before, ready to pop the top on, only to realize there’s a colony of mold setting up shop right where my mouth will be. The stopper piece that detaches for cleaning also comes of very easily and snaps back into place with no effort. You can put the lid on top rack of dishwasher but I’ve heard that before and am not willing to risk it.
• Truly one-handed operation. No having to balance the steering wheel on your knees while you lift with your right, pop lid with left, and try to sip-flip-replace while trying not to spill and focus on the road.
• No-spill claims are actually TRUE this time!
• Stylish, modern appearance.
• Heavy-duty without looking or feeling like it.
• Description claims the 20 oz size keeps hot for 7 hours, but I have the 16 and after six hours the contents were about half as hot as when made (78 degree room). Pretty impressive.
In short, buy this mug. Don’t spend $80 on a fancy thing when this sleek silver mug will do the job just as well if not better!
Please let me know if this was helpful, thank you!
Best seller stainless steel coffee tumbler cup
YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated with MagSlider Lid
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- Dracut is a durable coat of color that won’t fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler’s exterior
Top positive reviews: I was spooked by the warnings of ”Fake Yeti” cups. I don’t think any of these are made in Texas any longer, although they once were, hence the warnings about fakes. My local ACE Hardware sells the complete line of Yeti products. I checked a bunch of those, and all were ”Fake” according to some of these warnings. I decided to order from Amazon simply so I could get the nice aqua-blue color — and to get the nifty sliding cover, which my ACE does not carry. The color is beautiful, and the sliding cover is nearly — though not completely — leak proof. The cover seals well enough for my purposes, which is to rest in the truck cup holder. Yeti makes cups with screw on tops which could be dropped into a backpack. I could buy one of those from the local ACE if I ever need one. Photo included. Notice I have washed the YETI and have removed the cap so that it can evaporate and dry here on the kitchen counter-top in my photo.
Best stainless steel thermos coffee bottle
Zojirushi SM-SA36-BA Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug, 20-Ounce
- Stopper disassembles for thorough cleaning
- 20oz. capacity with 1-1/2″ opening
- Compact design takes minimal space while maximizing capacity
- New pictograph lock. Stainless steel vacuum insulation keeps beverages hot or cold for hours
- 5 year warranty on heat retention
- Made of BPA-free plastic and stainless steel. Easy-to-clean nonstick interior
Top positive reviews: I needed to find a good insulated bottle, so I researched on Amazon and found all of the ridiculous high ratings for Zojirushi and thought “$20+ for an insulated bottle??” but then, you get what you pay for, so given that I’d spent funds on other bottles that didn’t work, I figured I’d give this one a shot.
I tried it first with coffee. I like coffee to cool down over the next few hours so you always have hot coffee, but as you get to the end, you can guzzle that sweet (or not) caffeine-filled beverage to give you the shot of energy you need to get through that 11am meeting that requires your presence even though you are only marginally involved and have a crapload of other things you need to do instead. (takes a breath) But I digress. I poured freshly hot coffee into this thermos, and thought “wow, this thermos isn’t hot at all!” Later in the day, I made the giant mistake of assuming the coffee had cooled down. I went to take a sip of coffee and the hot fires of hell poured into my mouth instead. So, if you like coffee after it’s been in your thermos for 4-5 hours and it will STILL burn off your tastebuds and render you unable to eat food, then this mug is for you.
There are plenty of other positive reviews, so I won’t waste time by repeating what others have said because I believe all the good stuff is true.
I just wanted to address something I read in a few reviews that stuck in my mind, and seemed to be happening to me too; When the mug was almost empty and I was hoisting it nearly vertical to get the last of my drink out, I would hit myself in the nose with the rubber stopper on the top, which is annoying when it’s wet with coffee.
What I found out by accident is that the top can be pushed down past the soft “stop” it springs to on its own. This locks the top in the open position much further than it goes on its own, and as a consequence, the stopper is well out of reach of all but the largest of noses.
There may have been something about this in the instructions, but it’s a coffee mug and I didn’t think I needed to read the manual!
No matter how good is the coffee thermos is, as a big fan of coffee that we need to drink coffee everyday at home or office, or on a trip, then a problem that we can not avoid is how to clean a coffee thermos to make our bottle clean and hygiene enough? Especially when it has coffee smell inside the thermos.
How to clean a coffee thermos
Follow the simple maintenance steps below to effectively maintain the durability of your thermos flask water bottle
Before use it: Wash your coffee thermos travel mug and lid with hot water and soap.
You should not:
1. Put the coffee thermos bottle in the refrigerator: Due to the double-layer vacuum insulation, the internal liquid will be protected from the temperature in the refrigerator, so it will not condense. If you want a cold drink, put ice cubes in the flask and be aware that it takes a long time to melt!
2.Place the thermos flask on the stove: Due to the double-layer vacuum insulation of the flask, the outdoor temperature will not change the temperature of the internal beverage. If the flask is placed on any type of stove or heat source, the heat will damage the outside of the flask.
3.Use bleach or chlorine to clean coffee thermos water bottles. These chemicals will destroy the stainless steel coating and therefore should not be used on our products.
You should wash it:
1. Use a soft bottle brush to clean the coffee thermos flask. You can buy cleaning accessories from amzon or other shops and use the bottle brush cleaning kit as often as possible, it’s better to clean hydro flask water bottle every time after you drink coffee, beer or juice, and clean it once a day if you use the stainless steel water bottle everyday.
2. Use white distilled vinegar for cleaning: You can use household white distilled vinegar to help remove any stains or discoloration inside the thermos flask. We recommend putting 1/2 cup of vinegar in the flask, swirling gently to wash any affected parts and letting it sit for overnight. Then rinse thoroughly with warm water and repeat if necessary.
3. Use baking soda for cleaning: For stubborn spots inside the flask, mix 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of warm water to form a scrub. Dip the bristles of the bottle brush into the paste, and then apply the paste to the affected area inside the flask for cleaning. This should be repeated as needed until the stain disappears.
4.The coffee thermos lid and the straw lid can be cleaned in the dishwasher. If you wash it by hand, the lid may last longer, but if you need to clean it deeply, it’s okay to use a dishwasher.
How to get coffee smell out of thermos?
Why it smell? When you drink with coffee with your stainless steel water bottle, you might be lazy to wash it immediately, leave it alone for couple days, then you will find the bottle is smell strongly.
This is because after you drink the liquid, microorganisms (bacteria) will multiply in it, there will be some microorganisms at the beginning, for couple days, it will reproduce from generation to generation, and their metabolites will have a variety of flavors.
But how to clean it?
Step 1. Washing bottle with salt:
If you want the stainless steel thermos bottle to be cleaned and sterilized, you only need 3 steps. The first step is to pour some salt into the thermos bottle. Then add hot water to the thermos, cover the lid, and shake for 3 minutes. Why need to wash the stainless steel bottle with salt water before cleaning the it? In fact, salt can sterilize and decontaminate, also soften the tea dirt and other stubborn stains in the inner pot of the thermos. After the shaking time of the thermos cup is up, pour out the dirt inside.
Step 2: Washing bottle with Soda
Put soda in the thermos bottle, pour in water, cover the lid and shake for 3 minutes. During this shaking process, the soda can rub against the inner wall of the vacuum flask to remove some stains, it can remove tea dirt and stains in the thermos cup. Similarly, after the shaking time of the thermos cup is up, pour out the dirt inside and rinse it with clean water. In this way, the cleaned thermos cup is clean and sterilized, which solves smell issue of stainless steel bottle.
Step 3: Clean the bottle mouth with toothpaste
After cleaning the inner pot of the thermos, let’s clean the mouth of the thermos bottle. Because the mouth of the cup is often in direct contact with our mouth, if it is not cleaned, it is easy to bring bacteria into the body and harm our health. Therefore, when cleaning the mouth of the vacuum flask, apply some toothpaste to the mouth of the vacuum flask. Brush again with a toothbrush. Because the toothpaste contains abrasives that can remove stains on the mouth of the vacuum flask. After cleaning the mouth of the cup, rinse it again with water. In this way, the cleaned thermos cup is as clean as new and has no bacteria, which solves the troubles of smell completely for the stainless steel thermos bottle.