The Best Stainless Steel Thermos Coffee Thermos
You sure want to enjoy favorite hot or iced coffee on the way to office in the morning, or a long driving trip, a coffee thermos would be the best option to keep your coffee stays hot or ice cold for hours without electric reheating. Nowadays, coffee thermos is made by double walls of stainless steel 18-8 with vacuum insulation technology to keep the coffee temperature stays hot or cold hours.
Although there are hundreds of brands & companies claiming to make the best thermos for your coffee drinking stays hot 24 hours up, there are some brands of coffee thermos flask is outstanding from other competitors with high quality food grade material, good design functions, best leak-proof, spill-proof thermos bottle cap, and great vacuum insulation system.
Whether you are planning to buy a new thermos flask for your coffee drinking at home, or want to get a large thermos for your hiking adventures and outdoor camping living, here are our picks for the best coffee thermoses on the market for your reference.
Our Top Picks of coffee thermos on amazon
For details about our picks of best thermos coffee flask, scroll below. In the mean time, these are our top recommendations.
Best seller thermos for coffee
Best seller stainless steel coffee thermos mug
- Travel mug’s autoseal technology is leak and spill proof
- Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 with Thermalock vacuum insulation
- One Handed drinking with the push of a button
- Easy clean lid opens completely for thorough cleaning and locks for added peace of mind
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid, hand wash only stainless steel body
- 100 percent BPA free
Top positive review:
I’ve had this thermos for about a month now and I am very pleased with it. I put my hot beverage of choice inside the thermos by 5:40am (what am I doing up so early?) And at around noon it is still nice and warm (not piping hot, but definitely not cold or even tepid) so that’s give or take 6hrs. I have repeated this exact ritual nearly every day and it will always be deliciously warm at noon time. By the by, when I pour my beverage into the thermos it is piping hot, meaning if i were to drink it, my tongue would sting, but not really get “burned”.
– If you get one of the colored ones the paint WILL come off if you wash it in the DISHWASHER. I know some people were complaining about that, but in the safety manual it clearly states that only the unpainted stainless steel bottles are dishwasher safe.
– Wash it the way it shows you on the safety manual for optimal cleanliness.
– Rinse it right before every use. One time, there was some soap residue left over in my lid and I ended up with gross soapy tea, so unless you’re into that just run the lid under warm water.
– DON’T tilt the lid and THEN press the button to open the sippy cup or you’ll get a face full of hot liquid. In other words, press the button while the thermos is vertical then tilt it to take a sip. This may seem stupid, but I had no warning (maybe I’m just an idiot) and now no one else has to look like a complete goof if it happens in a public setting.
That’s it for now, if anything else comes up I’ll be sure to inform you guys.
UPDATE: Though I love the construction and performance, I do want to address the elephant in the room that SO many people have asked about — the smell!! We’ve had it a few months and despite regular cleaning, it DOES stink, no matter what I do. Vinegar, dish soap, baking soda, cleaning with a tiny wire brush, nothing has fully rid us of the “old creamer, burnt coffee” stench. I’m really bummed…but this may be a 4x per year purchase in order to keep it safe to drink from.
[Independent, verified, no compensation received for this review.]
Coffee addict’s MUST HAVE! I’ve been through 6 different mugs in six months. They’ve either leaked, broken the flip-tab, were hot to the touch, didn’t clean easily, or just didn’t keep coffee hot longer than 30 minutes. This mug does all of those things and I couldn’t be happier, because I was ready to give up. That list above also includes another Contigo 16 oz. mug…kept things hot but the slider broke after 2 months and it was impossible to clean. But I digress…
There was nothing negative to report about the features or performance during the month-long, multiple daily use “testing” phase, so here are the results with which I was most pleased.
• Incredibly easy to clean top. Yes! No more waking up after hand washing the night before, ready to pop the top on, only to realize there’s a colony of mold setting up shop right where my mouth will be. The stopper piece that detaches for cleaning also comes of very easily and snaps back into place with no effort. You can put the lid on top rack of dishwasher but I’ve heard that before and am not willing to risk it.
• Truly one-handed operation. No having to balance the steering wheel on your knees while you lift with your right, pop lid with left, and try to sip-flip-replace while trying not to spill and focus on the road.
• No-spill claims are actually TRUE this time!
• Stylish, modern appearance.
• Heavy-duty without looking or feeling like it.
• Description claims the 20 oz size keeps hot for 7 hours, but I have the 16 and after six hours the contents were about half as hot as when made (78 degree room). Pretty impressive.
In short, buy this mug. Don’t spend $80 on a fancy thing when this sleek silver mug will do the job just as well if not better!
Best big extra large coffee thermos
Stanley coffee thermos Classic Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle (1.1 QT, 2 QT)
- KEEP IT HOT OR COLD: Our Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is made with superior insulation that keeps liquids (soup, coffee, tea) hot or cold drinks cool for up to 24 hours
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel construction on this insulated thermos means it can work just as hard as you do without impacting its performance
- MULTI-PURPOSE LID: The Stanley thermos is designed with a leak-resistant lid, so you can put it in your backpack without worrying about any spills The wide mouth of the thermos helps with easy pouring into the lid that doubles as an eight-ounce cup
Top positive reviews:
When received, thought that it was JUNK (please read entire review for explanation).
I’ve been using a Stanley Classic 1.1qt thermos since 2004 to keep my coffee hot as I take it with me to work. I decided to purchase a second one even though my original one still works and looks very close to brand new. Soon as I received the new thermos I noticed that it felt too light. I am already accustomed to the weight of my current Stanley thermos (2003 built date) and decided to put them on my scale. Sure enough, the original that I’ve been using for 14 years weighed 2.70 pounds and the new one only weighed 1.80 pounds. The new one also has a more hollow sound when I knock on it, the green Hammertone paint has a smoother/ more fine finish which I don’t like as much, and when I place a magnet on the exterior of the original Stanley thermos, it holds in place. When I place the same magnet on the new one, it kind of catches but it slides down. No holding power.
I never even considered when placing the order that something as simple as a Stanley Classic Thermos, that’s been around for ages, would get changes that seemed to cheapen or even ruin it.
Thinking that the lighter weight, smoother finish, hollow sound, and the fact that my small test magnet doesn’t hold well and slides down, I decided to see how much worse it performs.
At 7:30am I filled both the original thermos and the new thermos with boiling water and placed them in my truck, side by side. Then, at 1:30pm, I brought them both into my office and placed them on the same desk. The office is only 75 degrees fahrenheit and by 4:00pm, the exterior of the original thermos felt slightly warm while the new thermos’ exterior felt slightly chilled. I didn’t measure the temperatures of the exteriors but the new unit felt clearly colder to the touch.
By 4:30pm, I decided to open them both up, for the first time in day, and get a reading of how much worse the new unit kept the temperate of the boiling water placed into it compared to the original unit.
The results were as follows:
-Original Stanley Classic 1.1qt thermos: 183 degrees F.
-New Stanley Classic 1.1qt thermos: 188 degrees F.
No, that is NOT a typo. I was so shocked that I kept measuring both units over and over for 5 minutes straight. All day, I was expecting the new design to perform worse than the original. I would have been very surprised had it even held the temperature as well as the original but I never even considered that it would actually keep the temperature better than the original. No joke, that never even crossed my mind for a second.
I’m very surprised that the new unit performs so well despite all the changes mentioned above and it will now become my main go to thermos and I’ll keep the original, that I’m kinda attached to after all these years, as a back up.
Note: I know that this review is silly in the big scheme of things and that the testing process wasn’t even challenging but I was expecting a quick and clear proof that the new design is terrible and would only use it as the back up thermos. I was so surprised, and pleased, by the results that I decided to share them with you all.
Let’s clarify some rampant misinformation that’s floating around Amazon about the Stanley Thermos:
1: The product is now manufactured in China and has been since 2002 when Aladdin, the company that owned the Stanley brand, went out of business thereby closing their US production facility in Nashville, TN. The brand was then purchased by a company called PMI who resumed production in China and saved the Stanley Thermos brand from evisceration.
2: In 2009 for many reasons, PMI eliminated the charcoal packing (also referred to as Char-Vac) in the outer wall of the thermos, while increasing the thickness of the steel exterior casing to compensate for the loss of durability. The unit is now lighter, yet still serves the same purpose and retains it’s original efficacy. It also retains it’s lifetime warranty.
3: PMI produces millions of these units per year, and like any other mass produced product, there will be a certain percentage of defects (i.e. vacuum seals that didn’t seal) that result from manufacturing. If you happen to have a problem with your unit, 99% of the time, it’s an internal failure of the vacuum seal. Call or email Stanley, and they will send you a new one if you simply take some pictures with your smart phone and email them to the company. You don’t even have to send the old bottle back.
Now on to the review. I never owned a US made Aladdin Stanley and I never owned a pre-2009 PMI-Stanely thermos, so I can’t offer a direct comparison. What I can say is this thermos is fantastic. I don’t even put hot water in the thermos before I pour my pot of coffee in there and it stays so hot that I have to add ice water at just so I can drink it. That’s the performance that was advertised, and that’s what I received. I bought the 1.1qt model from wally world a week ago and have been using it for my soup. This 2qt model is for my 12 cups of coffee I take with me for the day (whether I work or don’t work for the day, so I’ve got the tag team rocking out everyday. I’ve got the big 2qt for my caffeine and the 1.1qt for my hot & hearty soup, so apparently I’m unstoppable now!
Anyhow, the handle is nice and functional and appears to be an improvement over the Stanley 1.1qt thermos I bought years ago which had a very sloppy handle. It rattled and just was poorly designed. This one is nice and smooth, so apparently they fixed that issue. The cap screws on smooth and tightens down firmly. It unscrews without a problem and I have absolutely no complaints at all whatsoever.
I’m a working man and I feel confident spending my money with Stanley knowing that if I’m having a tough month financially, and my thermos stops working, I know I’ll never pay to fix that problem again for the rest of my life.
Opportunities for improvement:
1: PMI should offer a throwback bottle that revives the old char-vac technology that provided the weight and long life durability of the older units. If people want them and are willing to pay substantially more to have one, why aren’t you offering it and taking their money? Odd business decision in my opinion, but what do I know, I’m just a consumer.
2: A larger drinking cup would be more appropriate for the size of the 2qt unit. I personally prefer my actual coffee mug, so I just pour from my thermos into that and I’m good to go. I know others may prefer to use the cup that’s included, and it’ll work, but you’ll be pouring a lot of cups to get through 2 quarts with that little thing.
3: My 1.1 qt bottle has a sweet metal stamp on the front of the bottle and my 2qt has a lame sticker. Please stamp the 2qt just like you do for the 1.1qt. A sticker is not built for life, a steel stamp imprinted into the outer wall of the jacket is.
All in all, this is a great thermos at a great price. If you need to keep soup or any liquid hot, this baby gets the job done.
Best classic thermos coffee mug
THERMOS Stainless King Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler, 16 Ounce
- It is easy to use
- It is highly durable
- Made in China
- Over 115 years ago, Thermos patented the design and name that it still holds today. While all vacuum-sealed bottles are now considered thermoses, Thermos continues to manufacture some of the best. Designed with ultra-insulated technology, the thermos retains hot or cold coffee for more than 24 hours. Unlike some thermoses, the Thermos design is cool to the touch with hot liquids and sweat-proof for cold liquids. If you’re a person that drinks a large amount of coffee throughout the day, the 68-ounce Thermos is ideal. The twist-and-pour stopper allows you to drink small amounts without completely removing the stopper. For a large thermos that will last a long time, Thermos is the way to go.
Top customer reviews:
I had one of this in the “blue” color…I’d used it for 5 years and It hadn’t dripped a leak even upside down. Recently when attacked, the only thing I had in my squad car readily deployed and non lethal (baton wouldn’t deploy obviously) was my coffee cup that I’d just recently filled up at a local gas station. I used it and while I won’t go too detailed, I will say it probably saved my life AND the other person…but began to leak out the top shortly after that. That’s why I bought this one. To replace a worn out, dented, and well damaged one. If your a motorcycle rider like myself, or an officer, this bad boy won’t let you down. Best I can say is you gotta try it to believe it!!
Product works GREAT! keeps liquids hot and cold. HOWEVER after two months of use the top mechanism broke. I contacted Thermos Brand, and was told that the top is not covered by warranty! What? Really? it is the only part of the unit that has a moving part, and not covered? If you don’t clean the unit buy disassembling the top, you can’t really clean it well. It comes apart relatively easily but obviously not engineered for someone who both uses and cleans daily. Honestly, top could have been designed better with fewer moving parts that would allow cleaning without breaking! Mostly disappointed in the company that has had a great name in the business and been around forever.
Best premium coffee thermos tumbler
YETI coffee thermos Rambler 20 oz Tumbler, Stainless Steel, Vacuum Insulated
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- We over-engineered these double-wall insulated tumblers with an 18/8 stainless steel body, which means your drink still keeps its temperature no matter how much of a beating this cup takes
Top customer reviews:
Overall I’m happy with this rambler with a few minor gripes. I did a lot of research and watched countless comparison and review videos on YouTube to decide between this or the competition.
While other brands have been proven to keep hots hot and colds cold for longer durations of time, this rambler is easier to to open for drinking and easier to dismantle for cleaning.
Everyone has a different opinion on what temperature they consider hot and what temperature they consider cold. For myself I’ve found that this rambler works better for hots opposed to colds.
Ice doesnt seem to last more than 1 to 2 hours even if the Beverage poured in is already cold from the fridge.
18 to 20 oz of hot black coffee will still be warm 7 to 8 hours later if I do not touch it until that 7 hour mark. Everytime I open the lid to drink, some heat gets released thus bringing down the temperature.
From what I’ve seen on YouTube and read here on Amazon, it seems like theres a 50/50 shot if someone gets a good lid or a great lid. Yeti advertises the mag lid as being spill “resistant”, not spill “proof”.
Here’s what it comes down to, the sliding magnet cover. Some videos show this rambler being held upside down with not even a drop leaking. Other videos show liquid leaking from the sliding magnet.
Absolutely nothing leaks through the inner gasket around the lid which is great. Mine does unfortunately leak from the magnet sliding cover.
If yeti could figure out how design the lid to guarentee the sliding magnet would not leak and it would hold temperature for just a few more hours, then I believe yeti could have a monopoly on the market.
I received my Yeti 20oz with Mugslider lid. Looks great, well built. But after a hour or two, coffee is cold. While driving, the coffee will leak past the lid, and proceed to drip, all over your cars interior. I was hoping for something better. I also liked the information pamphlet that can with the cup talking about liquid viscosity, and how cold liquid is thicker, than hot, so hot liquid will have a tendency to leak around our Mugslider lids. Here’s and idea, how about making a lid that doesn’t leak when you put hot liquid in a cup???
I digress, TLDR don’t buy if you want to use it for hot liquid i.e. coffee.
Best cute coffee thermos
Swig Life coffee tumbler & 18oz Travel Mug with Handle and Lid
- KEEPS HOT UP TO 3 HOURS, COLD UP TO 9 HOURS. Double wall, vacuum sealed, and copper plated insulated coffee mug with thick, professional grade 18/8 stainless steel.
- EASY TO CLEAN, DISHWASHER SAFE coffee travel mug. All Swig Life coffee mugs and accessories (lids and bases) are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- OVER 40 COLORS AND PRINTS to choose from makes Swig Life Travel Mugs the best unique gift idea for women, men, mom, dad, teachers, birthday, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas, and Holiday.
Top customer reviews:
Warning! Only buy this mug if you want the coolest looking mug in the board room.
This mug performs as well as any other double walled vacuum cup. What makes this mug better than other mugs is the attention to detail that Swig has included in its design. The tight fitting lid doesn’t leak, and stays put if the mug is tipped over. The silicone base is anti slip, and doesn’t leave cup rings on my desk. The design of the mug is classy, and I also love the 18 oz capacity. I really like the look of this mug, the durable powder coat looks great.
Mug is great, lid is not made for coffee and tea
Love the mug. I would have given the mug itself 5 stars. The rose gold is lovely and there is no metallic taste with my coffee or tea. The rubbery coaster bottom is a great feature, and the mug is not in any way tippy. I do hand wash because I’ve had other mugs that the finish wears off in the dishwasher etc. I’ll update in a few weeks if I notice any finish wear.
The lid leaves much to be desired. It’s difficult to sip from without dribbles. Don’t drink from it in light colored clothing without a straw. I’d give the lid zero stars. It needs a complete redesign if they want to use it for a coffee/tea mug. Also, it stains very quickly from the oils in the coffee and the clear plastic looks awful. I’ve just been using it as a lid to keep my beverage hot and removing it entirely to actually drink from the mug.
Of course there is still have many great design and high quality coffee thermos in the market, you can share any cool design coffee thermos mug with us here, then we will study it and have information for the article.
How we set up a coffee thermos drip shipping business
Stainless steel coffee thermos is one of best drop shipping businesses for small business owner, but the order quantities must be small and timing is a challenge, so how you working with a Chinese supplier like “Ecoway Houseware Limited” to start your drop shipping orders?
1. As you should know from Chinese supplier that a standard production lead time is 30 days, but you can not wait so much long time for a drop shipping order, hence you can check with supplier for the stock items which can ship out immediately. Ship from China to USA/EU usually take 7~25 days with different shipment channel.
2.The small order quantity also need you to choose a thermos bottle which supplier has stock, or it is impossible to work it out, no matter how much high price you are willing to pay.
So you need to start the drop shipping business of water bottle products that can start from some popular design products to start, that means you can easy to find supplier can have stock of these bottles to support your business.
How to order in bulk
What is MOQ for a bulk order that we can order any thermos flask water bottle which no stock? The answer is usually 3000 pcs to start, and the standard production lead time is 30 days.
Congratulations! When your business keep growing and have needs to order in bulk, that can bring more options for you to start selling more design stainless steel water bottle products, and reduce the product unit cost and shipment cost to have more profit margin, let’s see the processes what you need to do during doing business with your Chinese suppliers:
You can email to us with your question or requirements any time, and we will reply to you within 24hours
MOQ:3000pcs each color each design bottle tumbler
Sample payment: 100%
Tooling payment:50% deposit, 50% balance after sample approval
Product order payment: T/T 30% deposit, 70% after pre-shipment inspection
It’s no problem to arrange third party inspection before shipment, please book the inspection date 7 days in advance
Bottle: double wall stainless steel 18-8
Lid: Tritan or Polypropylene
100% food grade, BPA Free, FDA/LFGB comply
Color: Pantone Number
Drawing: DWG/STP/IGS/SOLIDWORKS etc.
Sample lead time: 7days
Tooling lead time: 30~45days
Production lead time: 30days
Usually we book the shipment with your appointed forwarder, or can ship to your warehouse with our shipment company